Friday, October 09, 2009

Nobel Peace Prize '09

Barack Obama wins the Noble Peace prize '09.

I'm not a big fan of Obama. Nor do I agree that he deserves the prize. Infact obama accepts that he has not done anything comparable to prior winners and his achievements do not deserve the prize. But he says, its the "call to action" and he is deeply humbled.

While this news of the day created many controversies all around the world, and though I don't feel he deserves this honor for his achievements, the views of the Noble committee for declaring the prize, and the way Obama accepts the honor, sounds quite fair to me.

Mean while, I happened to see this post. It sounds funny and tempts me to give reasons that I better deserve the prize than Sridhar :)

* I never went on any kind of war with anybody (including prize war)
* I don't even watch horror / violent movies (including samurai kind of movies)
* In my childhood, I have read many moral stories. I really felt good and wished to live up to that morals.
* To my best knowledge, I've always been polite to others.
* Daily I watch "Indha Nal Iniya Nal", a tamil program that delivers a good message each day.

Thats on the funny side. I strongly believe this prize has great potential to serve its purpose, at the hands of Obama than anybody else in the world at this point of time. Congrats Mr.Obama. In your words, they made call to action. Are you ready to act?

You may be interested to read : how world views this, how world leaders hail, what the committee seems to be thinking

No comments: